HONEY BEAR CHILDCARE AUGUST NEWSLETTER
OUT OF SCHOOL PROGRAM :
- CAMPING & PIRATES
Please refer to our calendar for more information. We are still waiting for the government’s announcement on how we will proceed with schooling in September. We will update you as soon as we receive instructions from them.
- New protocols and policies are in placed due to COVID19. Staff will give you a copy of it.
- DAYCARE IS CLOSED ON MONDAY (August 3, 2020)
- SUMMER CLOSURE – We are closed on September 3 and September 4, 2020 for the staff to do their training and prepare for preschool.
- Please renew your subsidy if needed
- Cut off for dropping off your child is at 9:30 AM
- For OOSC please call the daycare ahead of time if your child doesn’t need to pick up.
- MONTHLY FEE IS DUE on JULY 31, 2020
SUMMER, CAMPING & PIRATES
We would like to thank our families for being patient and for working with us during this pandemic time.
Most of our activities, will be done in the daycare as we have to cut field trips.
Please feel free to contact us for more information.
HAPPY B.C. DAY!
Thank you for all your patience in this pandemic time. Enjoy the summer and
In light of what is happening right now, with the pandemic of COVID19 on the rise. We the staff at HONEY BEAR CHILDCARE LTD, will be taking extra precautions effective immediately to ensure the safety of everyone. We are requesting you to please work with us hand in hand in this extremely difficult time. From this point on we will be implementing the following:
- Parents drop-off and pick-up point will be at the front door only.
- Any signs of sickness, your child/children are to be kept at home. PLEASE DO NOT SEND THEM TO DAYCARE. We will have the right to refuse your child/children if they have fever, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing and excessive runny nose.
- If your child presents any of the symptoms after drop off, we will call you for IMMEDIATE PICK UP.
- All tours will be cancelled indefinitely. Visitors, non-essential maintenance, Delivery personal will not be permitted beyond the front door.
- All children and staff are to wash their hands upon arrival at the facility.
- Anyone who traveled or have been exposed to people with COVID19 (confirmed or presumptive) must quarantine for 14 days.
- Anyone who went to the hospital for any reason, please stay home for 14 days.
WHILE WE ARE TO REMAIN OPEN, FAMILIES WITH THE EXCEPTION OF FRONT-LINE ESSENTIAL WORKERS ARE ASKED TO STAY HOME. WE HIGHLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO DO SO. STAY HOME WITH YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN. PLEASE LET’S DO OUR PART TO FLATTEN THE CURVE.
We take this very seriously and we are implementing the following preventive measures at the daycare:
*Temperature check upon arrival and throughout the day and recording this information.
*Washing hands upon arrival both for staff and children. Frequent handwashing, reviewing and implementing proper handwashing with children.
*Removal of all soft toys.
*Separating toys that the children played with and sanitizing them right away.
*Program planning to provide more one to one activity to promote social distancing.
*Facilitating group activities in a way that still promotes social distancing.
*Disinfecting the facility 1-3x a day.
*No shared sensory bin with water, sand, etc. for the mean time.
*Enforcing a STRICTER policy to send children home immediately when sick, please refer to the Health and Wellness Policy.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Stay Safe!